For the health and safety of our clients and instructors, we have implemented several procedures to prevent the spread of Covid-19. If you have not been vaccinated, a mask is required upon entry into the studio. Due to limitations on total occupancy, we request that you remain outside the studio until the previous class participants exit. All of our instructors are fully vaccinated. As an additional precaution, our Medify Air MA-40 Air Purifier (donated by a very generous member!) is turned on for the duration of all in-studio classes.
We ask you to please bring your own yoga mat and towels, if needed. If you need to borrow one of our mats, please clean prior to returning them. We provide sterilized hammocks, but we encourage students to buy their own hammocks whenever possible. If you are interested in purchasing your own hammock, please contact Audrey.
It is advised that clients currently experiencing or with a history of the follow should avoid inversions: Pregnancy, glaucoma, recent surgery (esp. shoulder, eyes, back, hips, hands or wrist), heart disease, very high or low blood pressure, easy onset vertigo, or motion sickness, osteoporosis/bone weakness, recent head injury, cerebral sclerosis, propensity for fainting, carpal tunnel syndrome, severe arthritis, sinusitis or head cold, hiatal hernia, disc herniation or acute disco genic disease, recent stroke, artificial hips, Radiculitis (inflammation of nerve root in spine), severe muscle spasms, Botox injections (within 6 hours).
Studio Policies & Procedures
- Be punctual to every class. Out of respect for others, we kindly request that you please arrive at the studio 10-15 minutes prior to the class start time. If you arrive late, you may not be allowed in if the class has already begun and we do not offer refunds for late arrivals.
- Cancel at least four (4) hours prior to you class start time to allow others the opportunity to take your spot. To avoid a cancellation fee, classes must be canceled at least four (4) hours prior to the class or by 10:00 pm the night before all morning classes. Large groups that sign in together and fill the class must cancel 24 hours in advance or lose the drop-in payment since we cannot fill the entire class with such short notice. (It is strongly recommended that you schedule a private party instead of taking up all the regular class time spots.) If you reserved a spot and fail to show or cancel, you will be charged a $15.00 no-show fee or the loss of a class pass. If this particular class has a person on the waitlist and you fail to show or cancel in time to give the spot to another student, there will be a full charge of a current drop-in fee. No Exceptions.
**Cancellations can be made online by going to Mindbody or by calling 804-355-3700.**
- You are welcome to bring your cell phones to take pictures and/or videos, but please silence your volume before class begins.
- Wear the appropriate clothing for all classes. Do not wear tank tops or loose fitting shorts to Aerial Hammock classes. For Bungee classes, please wear running shoes. Please help us to preserve our Aerial Hammocks by removing all jewelry, watches, FitBits, hair clips or anything that will snag the cloth hammocks. No clothing with belt buckles or zippers, please.
- When you arrive, remove your shoes and leave them in cubbies provided (except for Bungee classes). Please do not walk on the mats with shoes.
- If you arrive before the previous class has ended, please enter the studio quietly to avoid disruption.
- If you choose not to participate in Cocoon at the end of class, please remain quiet to avoid disrupting this quiet relaxation time for others.
- If you borrow a mat, please wipe it down with disinfectant after class.
- Stay with your instructor! To avoid distracting and confusing your fellow students, please follow along with what the instructor is teaching.
- Your safety is top priority! Each class is designed for a particular skill level. Please be aware of our prerequisites for each class, included in the class description. Unless you have mastered all Level 1 classes, please do not take an intermediate (Level 1.5-2) or advanced (Level 3) class. If you’re unsure of your skill level, please ask an instructor for guidance. Students ages 12+ are eligible to attend adult classes, but must be accompanied by an adult. Students ages 15-17 may attend without a parent, however, parental consent must be provided by signing a waiver prior to attending class.
Low Attendance Cancelation Policy
We reserve the right to cancel class due to low attendance, inclement weather, or instructor illness. We will contact anyone registered in the event of a cancellation, but before traveling to the class, please check the schedule to make sure your class has not been canceled. If no one is registered, the class will be canceled 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. If you plan to register, please do so before the 30 minutes cut-off to allow instructors time to get to the studio.